Burgers! That's It - Just Burgers!
Need a quick burger recipe? In-laws coming over for a cookout? Don't worry, we are here for you.
These are super simple burgers. Nothing fancy, no smoke, nothing. You can make these on a grill or in the kitchen.
It is very important to note one thing: while steaks are often eaten at medium-medium rare (or even cooked less than that), you should ALWAYS cook your burgers well done. Because of how burgers are mixed (and steaks are not), bacteria that cause diseases like e. coli can be present in the meat, and if it is not cooked until 165 internal temperature, you could get very sick.
- 1 pound of our delicious 85/15 ground beef (you can scale this recipe up or down as needed)
- Salt, pepper, garlic (or whichever seasonings you prefer)
- Preferred toppings (I do white onion, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce)
- 1 egg
I know what you're thinking - those are the ingredients for meatloaf. They are. But also for super easy burgers.
- Mix everything but the toppings and buns in a large bowl. Add a little breadcrumbs as you go until you get the right consistency.
- Scoop burgers into 1/4 pound (roughly) patties.
- Fire up the grill to medium-high heat (or get a skillet hot)
- Cook until internal temperature of 165.
- For an added bonus, toast the buns in the toaster.
- Add whichever toppings you'd like.